AZ Concealed Carry Permit
7 Reasons to get a Concealed Carry PermitThere are still 7 reasons to acquire an Arizona Concealed Weapons Permit, even with the changes in Arizona law.
- An Arizona Concealed Weapons Permit is required to be allowed to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol.
- Carrying a firearm in or through a School Zone (within 1,000 feet of a school) without a Concealed Weapons Permit is a FEDERAL crime. And in most metropolitan cities, EVERYWHRE is within 1,000 feet of a school.
- Recent changes in Federal law allow carry in National Parks, as long as you have a Concealed Weapons Permit issued by the state in which the park resides. Carrying a firearm into a National Park WITHOUT a permit is a violation of Federal law, and makes you subject to arrest and jail time.
- Many City/State parks in Arizona have posted "The carrying of firearms is prohibited, except for those persons possessing Concealed Weapons Permits" . Penalties are fines and jail time.
- With so many states having Concealed Weapons Permit , there is a certain amount of reciprocity pertaining to those permits. Of course, you have to HAVE a permit to be allowed reciprocity. So, if you want to take your pistol out of state, and carry it, you must have a permit.
- The Arizona Concealed Weapons Permit is an "exempting" permit under the Brady Law. So, when buying firearms, an Arizona Concealed Weapons Permit holder is exempt from the background check, since it was done at the time of the issuance of the permit. It makes buying a little easier. And for those times when the National Instant Check System goes down (as when Rosie O'Donnel had her "Million Mom March," and NICS was "down:" for the weekend) your purchase can still go through.
- And of course, by taking the Concealed Weapons Permit course, you know the laws. There are many nuances and downright dangerous parts to the laws surrounding carry and use of firearms, and ignorance of the law is no excuse. Take the course, and arm yourself with knowledge, even if you don't apply for the permit.